WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES THE LEAGUE PROVIDE?
The league supplies basic equipment including game uniforms, balls, training equipment and catcher’s gear. However you may choose to purchase these on your own if you wish but it is not required.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
- Jewelry (earrings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, etc.) are NOT allowed and must be removed prior to any game or practice
- Please write you daughter’s name with a Sharpie on all of her equipment
- Softball Glove
- Softball Bat — USA Softball Approved
- Softball Batting Helmet (with Face Mask and Chin Strap; NOCSAE Approved — See Below)
- Softball Cleats (Plastic Cleats only for 6U-12U; soccer cleats not recommended, but acceptable for 6U/8U)
- Fielder’s Mask (Optional but highly recommended)
- Softball Bag (Optional — See Below)
- Softball Practice Pants/Jersey (Optional — but long pants may be required by each coach)
- Batting Gloves (Optional)
- Sliding Shorts (recommended for all ages)
- Knee Guards (sliders – recommended for all ages)
LEAGUE SANCTIONED SOFTBALL HELMET & BAG
- NEW FOR THIS SPRING!
- If you are agnostic to which helmet or bag your daughter uses, are looking for a holiday/birthday gift or may try to participate at the competitive level (All-Stars/Select), we would recommend purchasing a League Sanctioned Softball Helmet and Bag.
- It is NOT mandatory for REC players to purchase a League Sanctioned Softball Helmet or Bag. You DO NOT have to purchase either of these items to participate in the Spring or Fall Rec seasons.
- All-Star/Select players WILL be required to purchase a League Sanctioned Softball Helmet and Bag in addition to other competitive level fees.
- We are currently working on various options to become our League Sanctioned Softball Hemet and identify the best manner in which to acquire. When this process is finalized, we will communicate those details.
- You may choose between any one of the 4 styles listed below (including the catcher’s or XL version) that best fit your needs.
- Options to personalize will be available.
COLORS — NAVY & COLUMBIA BLUE
Boombah Superpack Mini Bat Pack — (Recommended for 6U & 8U)
Boombah Superpack Bat Bag — Backpack style (Recommended for 10U+)
Boombah Superback Rolling Bat Bag 2.0 — Rolling Bag style (Recommended for 10U+)
Boombah Hybrid Rolling Bat Bag — Both Rolling and Backpack style (Recommended for 10U+)
WHAT TYPE OF BALL DOES EACH AGE GROUP USE?
Softballs are provided by the league for each team, but if you choose to purchase any on your own for use at home, click the links below.