IGSA 2022 Fall Registration is Open!
10U SELECT EVALUATIONS
- We will not conduct a Select evaluation for 8U, 12U or 14U
- Sunday, August 7
- Portola Springs Community Park
- Select practices tentatively expected to begin the week of August 15.
- Rec practices tentatively expected to begin the week of August 22.
All Players in the 10U division are welcome to attend evaluations for consideration to play for a Fall Select Team (with sufficient interest to field a team in that Age/Division). We would never discourage anyone from attempting to make a Select Team, but please understand the difference in the selection process, expectations, schedule, commitment, competition and cost between Select and Rec before attending. Any players not chosen for a Select Team will automatically be placed on a Fall Rec Team.
- 6U: Birthdays between 1/1/2016 and 6/30/2018
- 8U: Birthdays between 1/1/2014 and 12/31/2015
- 10U: Birthdays between 1/1/2012 and 12/31/2013
- 12U: Birthdays between 1/1/2010 and 12/31/2011
- 14U: Birthdays between 1/1/2007 and 12/31/2009
Age divisions based on Spring 2023 age requirements
Play-Downs: Teams in Rec & Select are allowed a limited amount of “Play-Down” players (meaning players that should move up in age group for Spring 2023 but wish to remain in their current age group for the Fall). Any requests for an exemption to play in Spring 2022 age group, contact the IGSA Player Agent, Ed Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org). These requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis and granted only under exceptional circumstances.
14U: Players with a 2007 birth year that played in the Spring may play in the Fall
- The Irvine Girls Softball Association relies exclusively on parent volunteers to participate as coaches
- Help make your daughter’s softball experience more enjoyable by becoming a coach
- No experience necessary
Please contact the IGSA Player Agent, Ed Lee (email@example.com), if you have interest in coaching this season.
FALL 2022 SEASON
- IGSA teams play in the OC Fall Ball league, which consists of ~ a dozen leagues in South Orange County
- Games will be played both at Home and Away in other cities within Southern Orange County
- Teams form in mid- August
- Practices begin in late-August
- Games begin on September 11, 2022
- Games will be on Sundays to allow players to participate in primary season activities on Saturdays
- We offer teams at the Recreational level and at the competitive Select level
- Rec Teams
- Recreation teams available for all players in the 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U age divisions.
- Teams practice once per week, play one game on Sundays and participate in One Tournament (included in the registration fee)
- Rec Tournament: November 4-6, 2022
- Rec Season will conclude on November 6 following the tournament
- Friend Requests
- 6U/8U — Friend and Coach requests will be a primary consideration when forming teams, although we cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored
- 10U/12U/14U — Friend and Coach requests may be submitted. We will try to accommodate as many as possible, but the primary criterion in forming teams will be to distribute talent evenly and to provide each team with sufficient specialty position players (Pitcher, Catcher, 1B). We cannot guarantee that any or all of these requests will be honored.
- Select Teams
- Select teams by invitation only in 8U, 10U, 12U (tryouts may be necessary)
- Gold and Silver level may be offered in each age group (with sufficient interest)
- 14U teams will play as Select teams (with sufficient interest)
- Teams practice 2X per week, play doubleheaders on Sundays and participate in Two Tournaments (one tournament fee is included in the registration fee)
- Pumpkin Tournament: October 14-16, 2022
- Turkey Tournament: November 11-13, 2022
- Select Season will conclude on November 13 following the tournament
- Please refer to the Calendar for further scheduling details throughout the season
- Please refer to the FAQ section for additional information including equipment requirements
- Please click on the link below to find the IGSA Uniform Sizing Chart to aid in selecting the appropriate uniform sizes
- You will only need to measure for Jersey and Pants to select during the registration process
Early Bird Pricing Ends June 22, 2022
Registration Closes August 1, 2022
|AGE DIVISION||Early Bird||After June 22|
|8U & UP*||$240||$275|
|$10 Sibling Discount|
- Registration Fees Include: Uniform; One Tournament Fee; Umpire Fees; as well as all relevant Field, Insurance, Registration and Residency Fees
- Select Fees: Additional Fees will apply for All Players on Select Teams following the selection process
- Nominal Fees (Snacks, Spirit Wear, Team Parties, etc.) will be in addition to registration fees and will vary on a team-by-team basis
- All registrations received after August 1, 2022, will be based on availability
- Please contact the IGSA Player Agent, Ed Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions
- Payment by credit/debit card through the registration portal
- Payment Plan Available in 3 payments: 50% due now, 25% due in September, 25% due in October
- Charges will be automatically deducted from the payment card on the
scheduled installment dates
- Family discount available
- Refund Policy: Please visit IGSA website for Refund Policy (Docs & Forms)
- Financial Aid available with approval from Executive Board (see Docs & Forms)
- For registration questions, please email the IGSA Registrar