GENERAL INFORMATION – FALL BALL SELECT / RECREATION FALL BALL
– Two levels of play: Select Level and Recreational Level
– 2017 Select Level fee: $265 (Pre-Registration in April will get you a $20 discount)
– 2017 Recreational Level fee: $160 (Pre-Registration in April will get you a $20 discount)
– Even if you Pre-Register in April, you will need to finalize registration before it closes.
– Registration is completed online. To participate in any season of play with IGSA, families must be in good financial standing with the league.
– 8u, 10u, 12u, and 14u divisions as well as a 6U fall ball program
– Division based on what level player enrolled in during the prior spring season.
– Pre-Registration: Closed
– Online registration: Open Now!
– Teams formed in early August
– Practice begins in August
– Games start in September
– Season ends near the end of November
FALL BALL SELECT
– Highly competitive with a greater time commitment required.
– Level of play more consistent with the All Star level.
– A player must have played in the Spring to play at this level.
– Playing on a high school team and having played the prior Spring also fulfills this requirement.
– Players are selected for these teams and the teams are then approved by the Fall Ball Team Selection Committee.
Practices: 2-3 per week
Games: A double-header played on Saturday or Sunday. Games may be in Irvine or any of the other participating Fall Ball cities.
Timing: Practices begin in August, with games tentatively running from September through November.
Tournaments: Each Select team will participate in two tournaments during the fall season, one in October, another in November
Competitiveness: The 10U, 12U, and 14U age divisions are divided into Gold (A) and Silver (B) groups, with the level of play consistent with All Stars. Players do not have to have played All Stars to play at the select level. The 8U division is not separated into Gold and Silver groups.
Selection Process: All coaches must have coached in the spring (head or assistant coach) and submit an application for approval. The Fall Select teams will be assigned in a similar way to All Stars. There will be a team selection meeting where coaches present their teams for approval from the Team Selection Committee. When registering, a player may submit a preference for either Select or Rec. Preferences will be looked at, but the object of Fall Select is to form the most competitive teams possible and that will be the primary deciding factor. Due to the limited number of teams, not all girls will be selected. There may be a required evaluation for placement on a Select team. Not all girls will make it. Any player not making a Select team will be placed on a Recreational team. Playing in a different Select age group than what was played in Spring will require league authorization.
FALL BALL: RECREATIONAL LEVEL
Fall Ball Recreational Site
Competitive, but with a lower intensity and smaller time commitment. New players welcome.
Practices: Once per week. Coaches will usually schedule an additional NON-mandatory practice, i.e. batting cages.
Games: 1 game played each Sunday in Irvine and participating Fall Ball cities.
Timing: Practices begin in August, with games running from September until November.
Tournaments: None scheduled.
Competitiveness: This level is more along the lines of Spring Ball and affords the player the ability to honor other sports or time commitments. SOCCER PLAYERS WELCOME!
We will make every attempt to put every girl on a team that registers prior to the posted cut-off date. Coaches are not required to have coached in the Spring, but they will still go through an application and approval process. The program is for 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, and 14U age appropriate players. Participation in the past Spring league is not required. In this level we make every effort to allow buddy requests or coach requests. Players have the option to sign up for an upper division in Rec as long as space is available. Example: A 6U player who will play 8U in Spring 2017 can play 8U Rec Fall Ball in 2016.
6U FALL BALL
– Season will run from early September to end of October
– Last Sunday will be a Halloween special (maybe face painting?)
– One day per week, Sunday Afternoon, exact time TBD
– 45 minute group instruction
– 45 minutes of game play
– Parents can help with the instruction and games
– Girls can be grouped with friends
– Girls will get an IGSA T-Shirt and socks
– Girls will need cleats and a glove
– Registration is $55.00
Local League Mudlines:
Aliso Viejo: (949) 448-5949
Laguna Niguel: (949) 362-4351 ext. 3
Mission Viejo: (949) 768-8847
Orange Canyon: (714) 765-5242
Rancho Trabuco: (949) 448-6217
Tustin: (714) 502-8010