How does the All Star process work at IGSA?
Parents will be required to complete and sign an All Star Commitment Form (Paper Version) as this is a season that requires a higher level of dedication from the parent and player.
The actual form will be filled out online by all parents who wish to make their child eligible to be nominated for All Stars. The link to the online form will be e-mailed out in mid-April. Filling out this form does not mean that your child has been selected for a team. You may also fill the form out and decide not to take part in All Stars anytime prior to the All Star Parent Meeting.
– Coaches will submit applications at the appropriate time per ASA rules.
– The All Star Coach Selection Committee will review those applications and select the appropriate number of head coaches based on the number of teams the Board has decided to enter into All Star play for that year.
– The Board of Directors decides the number of teams in each age group.
– Teams are selected to represent IGSA in inter-league, district and regional tournaments.
– IGSA hosts a tournament each year: The Irvine Summertime Classic.
– The season may run through July and may include additional costs if a team qualifies for additional tournaments.
– Players make themselves eligible for review by completing the All Star Commitment Form by the designated deadline.
– All Star coaches select the Gold, Silver and Silver 2 (if applicable) teams in order from the pool of eligible players.
– Player selection will be submitted to the All Star Team Review Committee for final approval.
For a complete detail of all rules and forms, see the appropriate documents in the Docs and Forms sections
2017 Tournament Schedule:
Rancho Round-Up – May 19-21st
La Mirada Memorial Day Tournament- May 27-29th
WAGS – June 2nd-4th
Irvine Summertime Classic – June 9th-11th
Laguna Niguel Tournament or C-Districts in Orange (Silver only)- June 15th-18th
B-Districts (Gold only) – June 22-25th
C-States in Lancaster (must qualify): June 29-July 2nd
B-States in Lancaster (must qualify): July 7-10th
C-Regionals in Santee (must qualify): July 14-16th
B Western Nationals in Idaho 10U (must qualify): July 26th
B Western Nationals in Oregon 12U (must qualify): July 31-Aug. 6th
B National Championships in Roseville 14U (must qualify): August 1-8th